Last updated on August 6th, 2018
All articles are reviewed by Dr. Chris Wyatt
Hi, we’re My Dental Care Guide Team, and welcome to our blog.
We’ve come a long way since we started dentistry blog.
We decided that we need to provide high-quality, well-researched information about different dental problems to the other people. We use only high authority sources of information to create articles for this blog.
In our team, we are becoming increasingly assured of a very simple fact: the health of the mouth is vital to the health of the body. The general population, though, seems to be a bit behind.
That’s why we started this blog. We wish to share our knowledge with people and hopefully educate them not just on the importance of their oral health, but of the many wonderful and exciting ways in which they can maintain it.
We hope you find it helpful.
Few words about Dr. Chris Wyatt:
Dr. Wyatt is a Canadian board certified specialist in Prosthodontics. He graduated from the University of British Columbia Dental School in 1986, and practiced general dentistry for seven years before pursuing advanced training in prosthodontics at the University of Toronto.
Dr. Wyatt completed the three year program in 1996 and received a Diploma in Prosthodontics and an MSc in Dentistry. His research thesis analyzed the long-term success of dental implants, and charted the bone health adjacent to implants over time.
Dr. Wyatt has published over 75 original clinical and research articles and abstracts in peer reviewed Canadian and International journals. The topics include dental implant success, bone response to implant supported bridges, dental caries prevention in the elderly, and clinical techniques. He has also contributed to a textbook on dentures, and is a reviewer for the international dental implant journal, “Clinical Oral Implants Research” (published in Denmark), and has produced two clinical guides for treatment and prevention of dental disease for elderly residential care patients currently in use in BC extended care hospitals.
- College of Dental Surgeons of British Columbia (CDSBC) since 1986
- Royal College of Dentists of Canada since 2003
- Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario in 1995
- CDSBC Certified Specialist in Prosthodontics since 1996
Dental Society Memberships
- Canadian Dental Association, 1982-present
- British Columbia Society of Prosthodontists, 1997-present
- The Association of Prosthodontists of Canada, 1997-present
- The Dental Specialists Society of British Columbia, 1997-present
- Vancouver & District Dental Society, 1996-present
- American College of Prosthodontists – Academic affiliate, 2010-present